This course considers what wellbeing means for children and students. This is in the context of a post-pandemic world, where the mental health of children and families has been impacted by both circumstance and context. Based around the simple principle that ‘happy staff make for happy children and happier learners’, this course will demonstrate how pressing wellbeing issues can be addressed in a school context.
This course will cover:
- What wellbeing looks like for children.
- Wellbeing as a life skill, linked to character education.
- Pupils looking after themselves: self-awareness, healthy lifestyle choices and personal safety.
- Pupils looking after each other: kindness and bullying, digital awareness, cyberbullying and building trust.
- Putting wellbeing principles into action: diversity and equality, leadership, empowerment.