PADSIS exists to enhance the quality of leadership and management of sport in independent schools
This body which is endorsed by HMC, GSA, IAPS and ISA, supports the work of teachers responsible for leading the games programme in independent schools of all types. It aims to help Directors of Sport, Assistant Directors of Sport, SLT, Heads of Department – and people aspiring to these roles – to enhance their leadership and management abilities and to be more effective in delivering a sports programme to meet the needs of the Twenty First century.
PADSIS will provide an environment to encourage the development of strategic vision, together with the application of leadership skills. This might enable teachers to critically examine the nature and quality of what they provide for pupils of all abilities and levels of enthusiasm.
The place of sport in independent schools, and the expectation of parents, continues to change and evolve. Nothing in the training of teachers prepares them for the challenge of this unique role, which is fundamental to the market position of every school. The place of PADSIS is to encourage reflection, discussion, the sharing of information and the adaptation of leadership education.
Benefits of Membership
Services will include a regular programme of the following:
- Emergency Forums to discuss ongoing response to the pandemic
- Panel discussions on topics of contemporary interest in school sport
- Webinars with current Directors of Sport in different schools to discuss views and initiatives
- Webinars with other figures of sporting interest on current topics
- Webinars with schools abroad whose recovery is ahead of UK
- National DoS discussion forums
Additional member benefits include:
- Members’ website with industry-specific content and recordings of previous Forums and webinars
- Access to regular research and reports on topics of interest in school sport
- New website discussion forum for posting questions and responses to the community
- Weekly newsletter
- Weekly Job Alerts
- Discount at Annual Conference
The members area of the website will also feature video recordings of Padsis conferences, and high profile coaching conferences run by Independent Coach Education.
Individual Membership is available to current employees of any independent school, who have responsibility for the leadership of some aspect of sport in their school. This may include a range of job titles including Directors of Sport, Assistant Directors of Sport, SLT or Heads of Department. Members pay an annual subscription of £109.
Prep Schools Membership
This Membership is available to any prep school, to allow for their sport staff to access to the full range of PADSIS services. Schools pay an annual subscription of £165.
School Membership is available to any independent school, to allow for their sport staff to access to the full range of PADSIS services. Schools pay an annual subscription of £219.
Overseas Membership is available to the leaders of sport in British style schools anywhere in the world. It will enable these members to keep in touch with educational developments within Britain, to exchange ideas and good practice with other overseas schools, and to be aware of job vacancies in the UK. It will also enable them to advertise positions abroad within the GB market. Overseas subscriptions cost £50.