This new course is intended for teachers and coaches who will be running school sports teams for the first time. It will cover everything that a novice team coach needs to know in managing a happy and successful team that makes progress and leaves players wanting to come back the year after. This includes managing opportunities, communicating with parents and developing players through creative, effective coaching.
- What does it mean to be a school team?
- Creating an inclusive environment
- Inspiring, and rewarding, commitment to the team
- Managing the match day
- Making it a ‘great game’
- Communicating with parents
- Structuring effective coaching sessions
- Developing character through school sport