This is a long running and popular seminar, which is intended for recently appointed Directors of Sport, and those who intend to apply for these roles in the near future. It focuses upon the shifting landscape of school sport, how this has impacted upon this position and what schools are now looking for in their appointments. The course seeks to clarify the success criteria of the role, and considers the leadership skills required to achieve these. It will also consider contemporary issues in the subject, and how these can be managed for the future.
Dates & Venues
- Why does a school need a Director of Sport?
- Becoming a 360 degree leader
- Leadership, management and administration
- Establishing aims and goals
- Building structures and systems
- Satisfying parental expectations
- Improving communications
- Dealing with difficult colleagues
- Working with your head
- Creating the games programme
- Participation v performance
- Choice v compulsion
- Quality and equality
- Building a culture of Health and Fitness
PRICES: 1 PLACE £199, 2 PLACES £329, 4 PLACES £499 Excludes VAT.
Course runs 10am – 3.30pm. Prices include refreshments, lunch and resources.