PADSIS is a not for profit organisation, which exists to enhance the quality of leadership and management of sport in independent schools
This body which is endorsed by HMC, GSA, IAPS and ISA, supports the work of teachers responsible for leading the games programme in independent schools of all types. It aims to help Directors of Sport – and people aspiring to that role – to enhance their leadership and management abilities and to be more effective in delivering a sports programme to meet the needs of the Twenty First century.
PADSIS will provide an environment to encourage the development of strategic vision, together with the application of leadership skills. This might enable Directors of Sport to critically examine the nature and quality of what they provide for pupils of all abilities and levels of enthusiasm.
The place of sport in independent schools, and the expectation of parents, continues to change and evolve. Nothing in the training of teachers prepares them for the challenge of this unique role, which is fundamental to the market position of every school. The place of PADSIS is to encourage reflection, discussion, the sharing of information and the adaptation of leadership education.
Benefits of Membership
Monthly newsletter, blog and twitter which has detail on
- Current practice and initiatives
- Specialist knowledge and experience
- Implications of external developments on school sport
- Weekly email on Leadership vacancies (often in advance of other agencies)
- Coach and gap student recruitment service
- A search and interview service should it be required
- From experienced Director of Sport to the member
- Or by the member to other PADSIS schools
- Advice and links with member schools overseas
- Tours, Cultural exchanges, Individual placements
- Visits from overseas schools, study tours using school’s facilities in vacation time
Conferences and Seminars
- Reduced prices on Conferences and Seminars
- Video clips on Youtube channel of various courses and seminars
Eligibility and Costs
Full Membership is available to current employees of any independent school, who have responsibility for the leadership of some aspect of sport in their school. This may include a range of job titles including Director of Sport, Head of PE and/or Games and Teachers in Charge of one or more sports. More than one member of a school’s staff may be a Member. Members pay an annual subscription of £59.
Overseas Membership is available to the leaders of sport in British style schools anywhere in the world. It will enable these members to keep in touch with educational developments within Britain, to exchange ideas and good practice with other overseas schools, and to be aware of job vacancies in the UK. It will also enable them to advertise positions abroad within the GB market. Overseas subscriptions are free.
All PADSIS Members will enjoy discounted rates at the annual conference and all training seminars.